Decluttering your home can be a stressful, but worthwhile endeavor. The job may seem so insurmountable that it's difficult to know where to start. However, if you break up tasks into small, manageable accomplishments, you can get a lot more done. Check out some ideas in the areas of storage solutions, ideal cleaning products, and de-stressors that can help you in your quest to de-stress and remove clutter.
Organize your home by buying storage items that address a particular need. If your closets are full of decorative baskets that aren't working for you, check out these products. They can really help you get your home working the way you have always envisioned.
1. Household Essentials 2-Tier Under-Sink Organizer — easily manages your cleaning supplies
2. Whitmor Supreme Laundry Sorter and Garment Rack — helps organize your household laundry
3. The Container Store's Stackable Drawer Organizers — mix and match these in your bathroom, kitchen and office
4. Proslat's Vertical Garage Storage — ideal for tools and outdoor toys
5. Ikea's Kallax for Toy Storage — perfect for indoor toy organization
6. All Modern's Storage Ottoman — great for media or blanket storage
One of the best ways to maintain your home after you declutter is to have cleaning products that you love and enjoy using. Often, under-sink cabinets are filled with half-used and forgotten-about products. You can clean out and recycle any old bottles and start fresh with a few environmentally friendly products, including:
1. Eco-Me Floor Cleaner
2. Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
3. J.R. Watkins All-Purpose Cleaner
4. Legacy of Clean SA8 Laundry Detergent (one of Consumer Report's highest scoring green detergents)
5. Vaska Spot Off Spot Remover
Often, stress and clutter go hand in hand; if you declutter your space, you'll probably find that you're de-stressing your life as well. Here are a few things that might help you further remove stress as you work through projects in your home.
1. Clear The Clutter, Find Happiness is a book of one-minute tips to organizing your home
2. Root's Relieve Aromatherapy Candle — the eucalyptus menthol scent is invigorating
3. Somus Supreme Memory Foam Comfort Pillow — relieves stress and pressure while you sleep
TIDY'S Property Management Software Guide
Stay on top of tools to help you manage rental properties.
This eBook gathers the most useful software for property managers!
Get a Free 1-on-1 Turnover Cleaning Improvement Plan.
Airbnb hosts: want free personalized tips to make your turnovers reliable? Book your free "Perfect Turnover Session".Book a Free Call
Learn How TIDY Helps Offer Cleaning as a Benefit
A widely-loved and unique pre-tax benefit.LEARN MORE